20 Recipe Ideas for Leftover Holiday Ham
Some people serve a roasted turkey on Christmas, while other families prefer pork or beef roast. However, if you're like me, you have pounds of leftover holiday ham in your fridge. There are so many ways to use up leftover ham. You can make a number of soups and sandwiches, as well as salads. You can also cook it with eggs to serve as an omelet or breakfast burrito. When you start to get sick and tired of leftover holiday ham, give it a good chop and let it take the place of bacon in classic recipes like baked beans or collard greens. Here are 25 easy meal ideas for using up all that leftover ham.
1. Cook ham slices in between two pieces of buttered bread, along with slices of cheddar, for a grilled ham and cheese sandwich.
2. Cut leftover ham into cubes and serve with lettuce, cherry tomatoes, and hard-boiled eggs for a scrumptious ham salad.
3. Cut the ham into thin strips and serve in a white bean & ham soup.
4. Serve chopped ham in classic baked beans.
5. Fry it with scramble eggs, onion, bell pepper, and cheese to make a Denver Omelet.
6. Chop it and mix with pureed split peas for a healthy ham and pea soup.
7. Serve small slices of ham on mini potato rolls, topped with coleslaw to create Mini Ham Sliders.
8. Bake thin strips of leftover ham inside Pillsbury crescent rolls. Add in cheese or veggies.
9. Mix with scrambled eggs and serve in a tortilla with veggies to create a breakfast burrito.
10. Spread tortillas with cream cheese, then sprinkle with dried cranberries and lay down a large slice of ham. Roll up the tortilla and slice to create little cream-cheese pinwheels.
11. Spread cream cheese over a large, thin slice of ham and wrap it around a whole scallion for a tasty appetizer.
12. Finely chop leftover ham to garnish a baked potato.
13. Chop the ham and serve it with broccoli and melted Velveeta to create Broccoli & Cheese w/Ham.
14. Serve it on two slices of buttered, toasted French bread to make a (Ham) Bacon Butty.
15. Bake it with eggs, sausage, veggies, and shredded cheese for a breakfast casserole.
16. Use it as a topping on homemade personal pizzas.
17. Chop it up to bake it in a ham and cheddar quiche with spinach.
18. Serve ham slices on a croissant with sliced swiss cheese (or press it in a skillet for a hot panini).
19. Makes thin slices with the leftover ham and mix it with fresh chopped broccoli, shredded cheddar, and ranch dressing to create a cold broccoli salad.
20. Use a large round cookie cutter to make perfect ham slices to serve over an English muffin with a fried egg for eggs benedict.