Date Night Makeup on A Budget
You don't have to use expensive department store makeup to look good. You just need to know what to wear and how to apply it. I'm a makeup junkie (on a budget), so I've spent quite some time testing out different bargain cosmetic brands. Every bit of makeup featured above can be found under $10.00, and most of them are under $5.00. They're all essential makeup products for creating a beautiful date-night look.
1. NYC Concealer Stick: I have major dark circles, so a quality concealer is very important to me. I've found that a thick creme or concealer stick works best for concealing dark under-eye circles. The NYC Cover Stick costs just a few dollars and lasts a long time. I'd skip buying this one online as you can find it at most drugstores or discount department stores for just a few dollars.
2. CoverGirl Matte Finish Powder: I've been a Cover Girl ever since I bought my first round case in my teen years. I've tried several more expensive brands over the years as I have oily skin, but nothing was ever worth the added cost. When CoverGirl came out with their Clean Oil Control Pressed Powder, I finally had an affordable face powder that worked perfectly at keeping my oily skin in check throughout the day. This beauty product costs about $5 at Walmart, so keep that in mind if you're looking for a deal online.
3. Garnier BB Cream: BB cream is perfect for a date night, because it offers light coverage. Guys don't like caked on foundation. I've previously posted a Garnier BB Cream review because it's what I use, and I love it. I know some of the department store BB creams work very well, but if you're looking for a decent yet affordable one, go with the Garnier BB Cream. It's even more of a value considering it lasts a lot longer than traditional liquid foundation. It costs up to $12 at stores like Walmart and Target. It's usually right around $10 on Amazon, so if you get free 2-day shipping with Amazon Prime, you can save a few bucks buy purchasing it online.
4. Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Gloss: Any kind of lip gloss is best for date night. You don't want to wear thick lipstick, and you certainly want to leave the bold red lip for a girls night. The Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Gloss is about $5 and under and works very well both on its own or on top of a lip stain. It's frequently on discount online, so check Amazon first. If you can find it under $5.00, then you'll save money buying it online.
5. E.L.F. Contouring Blush & Bronzer: E.L.F (eyes lips face) cosmetics is my latest favorite among cosmetic brands. It is incredibly affordable, with items as low as $1.00. When it comes to foundation or long-wearing makeup, I really look for affordability plus quality, but when it comes to something like blush or eyeliner, the cheaper the better (so long as you don't have allergies). However, while E.L.F. makeup products are very low in price, they're still up there in quality with other affordable brands like CoverGirl and Garnier. I love getting a blush and bronzer combo, because it's great for contouring, and on days when I'm in a hurry, they serve double duty as blush and eyeshadow. If I'm really in a pinch for time, I sweep on just the bronzer as blush, then I sweep it over my lids and brow bone for an instant pop of color. The E.L.F. Contouring Blush & Bronzer compact are about $3.00 in store. Target carries a nice selection of E.L.F. products, most right at $3.00, so check there first if you live near a Target. I've also seen some of the larger gift sets by E.L.F. cosmetics on clearance at ROSS.
6. Sally Hanson Insta-Dry Nail Polish: I love Insta-Dry nail polish. It's available in over 30 shades and dries completely in 60 seconds. Sally Hansen is a high-quality beauty brand, although the Insta-Dry polish isn't long-lasting, it comes in so many gorgeous shades. I rarely make time to sit an do my nails, and I don't want to spend the money or time on regular manicures. But with the Insta-Dry I can literally sweep some on right after I put on my makeup, and by the time I'm out the door, it's dry! I like to find Mega-Last in a matching shade, so whenever I do have time for a sit-down, I use the Mega Last polish, then use the Insta-Dry for last-minute touch-ups. The Sally Hanson Insta-Dry nail polish is about $3.00 in stores. For a date night, go for a classic red shade.
7. Maybelline Expert Wear Shadow Trio: Every gal needs two trio sets of eye shadow - a brown-based one and a grey/smoky one. Maybelline has a large selection to choose from, though you can also find eye shadow trios by E.L.F. and CoverGirl $5.00 or less.
8. E.L.F. Kohl Eyeliner Stick: E.L.F. has liquid and classic liner stick. I love their classic liner stick with a sharpener built into the lid. It's such a time-saver! It's just a few dollars at Target, and it saves me the extra dollar I would spend on a separate sharpener.
9. Maybelline Volume Express Colossal Mascara: My lashes aren't the fullest, so I've tried a lot of "plumping" mascaras. While I sometimes get the E.L.F. brand mascara because it's only $3.00, I prefer to get the Maybelline Volume Express. There are so many different kinds of mascaras within the Volume Express line, so I tend to get whichever one is on sale. For the most part, they each tend to cost between $5 and $7.
You Might Also Like:
- Six Steps to Kissable Lips
- Little Pink Dresses & What to Wear Them With
- Five Different Date-Night Outfits
- Romantic Valentine's Day Style: The Little Red Dress