Gift Guide: Easter Basket Essentials
The Easter basket is as much of a holiday tradition in my home as presents on Christmas morning. I love to fill my girls' Easter baskets up with crafts supplies, hair accessories, candies, and of course a plush Easter bunny. If you're stuck on what to fill your children's Easter basket with, just go by this Easter basket essentials list. You can get bargain versions of each item at the dollar store, so no matter what your Easter budget is, you can surprise your children with baskets on Easter morning.
Easter Basket Essentials
1. The Basket - to me the Easter basket is just as important as what goes inside. I know my girls will be using their Easter baskets on their Easter egg hunt and for Easter photos, so I want them to be baskets that will hold up and look great.
2. Filler - some inexpensive artificial grass from the dollar store is all it takes to lay the foundation of an adorable Easter basket.
3. Something to Read - a new book is always welcome in my home. A children's Easter book is the perfect way to teach your kids about the origins of Easter.
4. Something Fun- small toys are an essential in any Easter basket. I like to browse the party favor aisle near Easter. It's filled with tons of cheap, small toys that are perfect to put in an Easter basket.
5. Something Yummy - perhaps the most essential item in any Easter basket is a yummy Easter treat. Quintessential Easter candies consist of marshmallow peeps, jelly beans, and of course chocolate bunnies.
6. Something Soft - it wouldn't be Easter around my house without a new plush bunny. Whether your kids prefer bunnies or bears, a new stuffed animal is definitely an essential part of the Easter basket.
7. Something Crafty - don't all kids love crafts? My girls certainly do. Dollar store craft supplies are such an easy and affordable gift that make the perfect addition to any children's Easter basket.