Happy National Grilled Cheese Day ~ Top Ten Best Gourmet Grilled Cheese Recipes
I adore these food-themed holidays, don't you? Nothing is more deserving of it's own celebration than a grilled cheese sandwich. Like mac 'n' cheese or chicken noodle soup, a grilled cheese is one of those dishes we love as children and continue to eat in adulthood because they make us feel good and simply because they taste so darn yummy!
While I can appreciate the traditional grilled cheese sandwich made with bread, butter, and cheddar cheese, I really love a gourmet grilled cheese sandwich made with gourmet bread and fancy cheese. Previously on this blog I came up with my recipe for a Roasted Red Pepper and Brie Grilled cheese on Ciabatta Bread. Needless to say, it was one fancy grilled cheese (and absolutely delicious). In honor of national Grilled Cheese Day - April 12th, I'm rounding up ten delicious gourmet grilled cheese sandwich recipes, starting with my own.
1. Roasted Red Pepper and Brie Grilled Cheese on Ciabatta Bread by Kristina Williams
2. Fig and Brie Panini with Prosciutto by Closet Cooking
3. French Onion Soup Grilled Cheese by Taste Spotting the Blog
4. Smoked Salmon and Gruyere Grilled Cheese by Elise Bauer via Simply Recipes
5. Smoked Gouda Grilled Cheese with Apples & Bacon by Ali Ebright via Gimme Some Oven
6. Parmesan Crusted Pesto Grilled Cheese by Two Peas and Their Pod
7. Pineapple and Ham Grilled Cheese on Hawaiian Bread by Taste Spotting the Blog
8. Kimchi and Bacon Grilled Cheese by Closet Cooking
9. Tapenade Grilled Cheese with Tomato, Olives, and Herbs by Macheesmo
How do you like to make your grilled cheese sandwiches? Do you use any interesting ingredients or flavor combinations? Please share in the comments below. Now I'm off to make a grilled cheese for my lunch. Have a happy grilled cheese day!