2013 Style Trend: How to Wear All-Over Denim
Otherwise known as the Texas Tuxedo, all-over denim is one of the top women's fashion trends for Spring / Summer 2013. I initially wanted to avert my eyes and wait for the trend to pass, but it just continues to gain ground, so why fight it? It isn't as hard to style as you might think, and it can actually look great.
Tips for How to Style All-Over Denim
- Mix up the shade. In look #1, I paired a light-denim chambray with dark denim.
- Go with a denim dress! It's a quick and easy way to achieve the look. And as you can see in look # 2, it's the perfect opportunity to sport a floral print handbag.
- Instead of mixing different shades of denim, pick a top with pattern to break up all the denim.
- It looks great with tan accessories, but you do want to add some color. If the shoes are neutral, go for a colorful handbag.
Two Ways to Wear All-Over Denim for Summer
For instant all-over denim this Summer, throw on a light denim cover-up at the beach. Pair it with the Sam Edelman Gigi T-strap sandal in denim. For some color go for a bright red beach tote, like the Mar Y Sol Havana Striped straw carryall in coral. In the second denim look, I broke up the blue with different shades and a print. Pair the look with this Summer's new it shoe - the espadrille flat. Soludos in particular is a very popular brand this season, worn by celebrities like Kate Bosworth and shown on the Today show by beauty and style expert Bobbie Thomas. These looks have a nautical and patriotic feel, but don't have to pair summer denim with red and white. Other bright colors like yellow or orange can also add a nice pop to these all-over denim looks.
Layouts by Krisztina Williams / powered by Polyvore / click for featured items in photo#1, and
here for layout #2
You Might Also Like
- Summer Beauty Trend: Top Nail Polish Colors for Summer 2013
- The Top Women's Swimsuit Trends for Summer 2013
- 2013 Style Trends: 100+ Trendy Spring / Summer Dresses for Women
- Style Trend Summer 2013: Patterned Shorts