The Weekend It List
1. You can get into the Kentucky Derby southern spirit one of two ways - with a gigantic crazy-ass hat or a tasty mint julep. I think I'd pick the latter. Try this recipe for a classic mint julep on Camille Styles.
2. Finish up those Spring cleaning projects you've been avoiding. You don't have to spend your whole weekend cleaning. Break it down to make it less overwhelming. Pick one or two simple things to clean and organize, like your pantry or a closet, and give yourself one hour to complete one project. Setting a time limit will get you in gear to finish the job, and looking at it as just one hour of your day will help motivate you. Click here for my top posts on Spring cleaning and organizing.
3. Mother's Day is next weekend - Sunday, May 12th! Get your mom something indulgent and luxurious that she might not treat herself to; like a massage, some expensive makeup, or a bright statement necklace for Spring (pictured above). This Estee Lauder Spring 2013 gift set comes in a fun Lilly Pulitzer makeup bag! Click here to browse more Mother's Day gifts.
4. If you have time to pamper yourself this weekend, get those tootsies ready for Spring shoes: starting with a pumice stone in the tub, then a nourishing foot creme, and some Spring nail polish.
5. If all the media talk about Cinco de Mayo has you craving Mexican food, have your own little celebration with a yummy taco night. Make it special with some churros and margheritas.
Have a happy weekend!