A Peek Inside My Summer Makeup Bag
My summer makeup is generally lighter than it is during the winter. As the heat rises and the humidity spikes, I ditch my foundation and/or primer for something lighter. If I'm going to sweat like a pig anyway, I'd rather work with the shine than fight it. I'm usually pressed for time in the summer as well - the kids are out of school and our schedule gets totally out of whack. I've got my summer beauty products narrowed down to items that work best with the hot weather and my crazy schedule. If you take a peek inside my summer makeup bag, this is what you'll find.
1. Maybelline Unstoppable Waterproof/ Smudge-proof Eyeliner - With all the sweat and humidity of summer, it's important to have a waterproof eyeliner to avoid dark smudges under eyes.
2. Garnier Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream - I'm a huge fan of BB Cream. (You can read my product review here.) It offers the perfect amount of light coverage for summer with the added benefits of sunscreen and a moisturizer, and it boosts radiance and evens skin tone. It also comes in a shine-free version for oily skin.
3. e.l.f. Golden Bronzer Quad Compact - One of the best beauty tips I could give you (if you have medium or olive toned skin like I do) is to get rid of all you blushes and eye shadows and replace them with this one product. Keep all the other cute shades for special occasions of course, but for every day use, this bronzer kit is all you need for your blush, contouring, and eye color; especially for a more natural and bronzed summer look. I use the golden brown shade as blush and the other three shades on my eyes. Whenever I'm in a hurry, I use a small blush brush and sweep the brown shade over my cheeks and eyes, and I'm ready to go. I use the same technique in the fall and winter using a darker shade of bronzer. Here is a guide on how I use the e.l.f bronzer for summer.
L'Oreal Paris True Match Naturale Mineral Finish - I ditch the pressed powder and use this translucent loose mineral powder during summer. It also comes in different shades. It offers a very light and slightly shimmery finish. It's really great for oily skin without causing a thick powdery look. Mineral makeup also helps even out skin tone and cover redness. Use the translucent shade to help lighten up a sunburn or a self-tanner disaster.
5. Cover Girl Oil-Control Pressed Powder - This is the one beauty product I always carry over from winter. While it's important for me to lighten up my coverage in the summer, I still need a little pressed powder to cover up extra shiny areas, like my nose and forehead.
6. Waterproof Mascara - Just like with the eyeliner, for summer I love to use a mascara that is waterproof to avoid those black under-eye smudges.
7. Lips Gloss + Lip Plumper - I never wear lipstick in the summer. A tinted gloss or even just a lip plumping gloss is just the right amount for a light summer look. The e.l.f. plumping lip glaze offers both in one.
8. Corrector Cover Stick Concealer - I love to wear concealer in a yellow tone for correcting dark under-eye circles and covering blemishes.
What do you keep in your summer makeup bag? Do you have any tips of favorite products for beating the summer heat?