Easy No-Bake Last Minute Monster Cookies
These easy monster cookies are perfect for a kid's Halloween party or a monster-themed birthday party. When coming up with Halloween treat ideas, I really keep in mind that people already have a lot of other things to make for a party; it's not a time to make everything from scratch. These no-bake Halloween cookies start with store-bought Halloween Oreo's and are decorated with items most people have on hand this time of year, like marshmallows and candy corn. You could also make these monster cookies with sandwich cookies or whoopie pies. The one thing you may need to get from the grocery store is decorating icing. It's essential to making the marshmallow eyeballs and candy corn teeth stay on the cookies. I found it was very easy to make these using the Wilton white decorator icing in a tube with an attached icing tip. I was able to get each of those things at my local Walmart.
- Oreos or sandwich cookies
- candy corn
- large marshmallows
- black decorating icing (you could also use plain chocolate icing)
- white ready-to-use decorator icing tube
- toothpicks (optional)
- Start by turning the marshmallows into eyeballs using a dab of the black icing. Use a toothpick to help spread the icing into a circle.
- Place a dab of the decorating icing on the top of each cookie and affix a marshmallow.
- Dab the white decorator icing on each piece of candy corn and affix two to each cookie.
- Let dry.
Images and recipe by Krisztina Williams.