Pumpkin Spice French Toast (Dairy-Free)
This recipe is so easy. I love it because it's naturally dairy-free, and you could easily make it gluten-free by swapping out the bread. It's also a quick fix if you're craving a pumpkin-flavored treat. My girls and I like to make pancakes for our weekend brunches, but this is our new favorite. We made it a few times, adding more pumpkin each time. Tonight (yes, we had it for dinner) we added extra pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon. Everyone agreed it was the best thus far. Serve it up for a cozy fall brunch or for an easy holiday breakfast.
I used 9 slices of plain white sandwich bread, and the pumpkin mixture wound up being just enough; if you want to make more slices or plan to use large Texas toast and want to let it soak a little, you may want to increase the quantities a bit.
- 8-9 slices of white sandwich bread
- 3/4 c canned pumpkin puree
- 5 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1&1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- butter or oil for coating the griddle
Simply blend all the ingredients (other than the bread of course) and dip the bread in the mixture, coating each side. Coat the griddle and heat it to 350 degrees, then cook each side about 5 minutes or until golden brown. That's it! Pile on the fixings for a holiday brunch; set out an array of syrups, powdered sugar, cinnamon, whipped cream, and nuts.
Check Out More Pumpkin Recipes
- Fall Baking: Quick and Easy Pumpkin-Flavored Desserts
- Fall Dessert Recipe: Maple-Glazed Pumpkin Layer Cake with Maple Frosting
- Fall Dessert Recipe: Easy Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle In A Jar
- Fall Dessert Recipe: Instant Whipped Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Fall Baking: Easy Pumpkin-Spice Coffee Bread Pudding
Connect with Krisztina