The Weekend IT List
1. Carve a Pumpkin. It's the weekend before Halloween! I assume you've already taken a trip to the pumpkin patch. Time to carve your Jack-O-Lanterns, or decorate a pumpkin. You can find tips on pumpkin carving on my Halloween blog. For a wealth of free Jack-O-Lantern printables, visit pumpkinmasters.com.
|via American Apparel Costume Contest|
2. Pick a Last-Minute Halloween Costume. I love this Addam's Family Wednesday Costume. It's all about using what you already have in your closet. I think I may just snag this idea! I've got the hair. If you don't over think it and focus on something from everyday life or a movie character who basically wears normal clothes, you can come up with something using clothes you already have. Have a skirt suit? Add on a neck scarf, and you're a stewardess. Wear head-to-toe khaki, and you're on safari.
3. Go on a Leaf Hunt. The leaves are turning. Before winter sets in, head out with the kids and a basket to collect leaves, twigs, and pine cones for a weekend fall craft. Here's an easy pine cone craft I shared this week.
4. Serve Up Something Spooky. One of my favorite Halloween treats I've ever made were these Killer Cupcakes I put on the Halloween Blog last year. They're so fun for an October bash, and they're actually so easy. You can even start with store-bought mini cupcakes and simply top with red gel icing and the premade Wilton edible sugar knives.
5. Host a Scary Movie Night. Didn't get that Halloween party planned in time? Host a last-minute scary movie night! All you need to set the mood are candles and low-lighting and some quick store-bought Halloween treats. There are several spooky movies recently out on DVD like World War Z and The Conjuring (both highly recommended). For more scary movie ideas, you can check out my guide on the Top 200 Horror Films.
Connect with Krisztina