Milk Chocolate English Toffee Cupcakes
These decadent chocolate cupcakes celebrate everything that goes into making English toffee, plus the chocolate cake part of course. Three different chocolates go into this rich dessert - the milk chocolate cake, melted chocolate chips, and a creamy chocolate frosting. The sweet and crunchy toffee bits go both on top of the cupcakes and inside the batter as well.
- milk chocolate cake mix (I used this recipe for Hershey's Perfectly Chocolate chocolate cake)
- 12 oz bag of semi-sweet chocolate baking chips
- milk chocolate frosting (Okay, so I cheated here because I'm obsessed with the creamy chocolate generic frosting at my local grocery store. If you want to make it from scratch, try a classic chocolate butter cream frosting.)
- bag of English toffee bits
- chopped mixed nut topping (Look in the aisle where you can find dessert toppings like fudge sauce - usually in the bread and jam aisle.)
- Prep the chocolate cake batter and preheat oven to 350.
- If you're starting with a box mix for the cupcakes, add in 1/2 cup melted semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Stir in 1 cup of the toffee bits to the batter and set some aside for the garnish.
- Bake cupcakes for about 20 minutes.
- Let cool then melt chocolate chips in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Gently dip the tops of the cupcakes into the melted chocolate then sprinkle with toffee bits and mixed nut topping. Let set for about 20 minutes until chocolate begins to harden.
- Top with frosting and garnish with more toffee bits.
- I used a flat tip to create the ribbon effect pictured here, but if you're a beginner, I suggest you use a piping bag or even just a sandwich bag, cut the tip off and do a simple swirl of frosting. Enjoy!
More Decadent Chocolate Recipes