The Weekend IT List: Sales, Red Carpet Fashion, Downton, and More
I hope everyone has had a lovely week! It's been quite and adjustment in my household getting back to our schedule after the long holiday break. And then there was the polar vortex of course. My health resolutions are of to a rocky start as I ate nothing but cookies for dinner last night. Oops. But I made up for it this morning with some exercise and a healthy breakfast. And now for the weekend it list.
1. White Sales. If you haven't blown all your money over the holidays and hope to take advantage of January retail sales, the two best deals to seek are on linens or fitness-related items. The best white sales this month are at department stores like Kohl's, Macy's, and JCPenney, and at home stores like Pottery Barn and Ethan Allen. Pictured above: Bedeck white bedding
2. Golden Globes. Don't miss the 2014 Golden Globes Sunday, January 12 at 8 p.m. ET on NBC. I tend to watch it primarily for the red carpet fashion, though I do love movies, so I do enjoy the big movie-award shows. I'm sure hosts Tina Fey and Amy Poehller will keep it interesting.
*Look back at the 2013 Golden Globes Red Carpet.
*See more red carpet fashion.
3. Radiant Orchid. If you're freshening up your home for the new year, consider adding a splash of color with the 2014 color of the year radiant orchid. The purple-pink shade is rich and feminine and perfect for spring. Start small with accessories like a candle or pillow. Better yet, get some actual orchids. Pictured above: Nest fall scented candle
4. Downton Abbey. The BBC hit series premiered its 4th season in the U.S. last Sunday and will continue to air on PBS every Sunday night at 9pm ET. The show has been picked up for a fifth season! See all posts labeled Downton Abbey.
5. Get Workout Gear on Sale. Now is the time to save on workout gear, equipment, or a gym membership. It's the biggest time of the year for people to start a new diet or workout routine, so it's a time that the fitness industry competes to bring you the best prices. In my recent fitness post My Top Ten Ways to Drop Pounds in a Hurry, two of my top tips are to surround yourself with motivation and to dress the part. By surrounding yourself with fitness gear and healthy reading material and by getting into some new walking shoes or a sleek new pair of yoga pants, you can drastically increase your daily motivation to get moving and eat healthier. Take advantage of the new year sales to stock up anything from active wear to a new set of weights or a yoga mat.
Pictured above: Manduka Go Easy Yoga Mat Sling // Befit Yoga video
Layout by Krisztina Williams / powered by Polyvore / contains affiliate links.
In Case You Missed Any New Posts This Week
- Cooking School: How to Make Roasted Garlic
- Pic of the Week: It's All in the Details
- Home Decor Trend 2014: Radiant Orchid
- Krisztina's Blog: Do You Still Believe in Magic?
- Meatless Monday: Roasted Garlic & Rosemary White Bean Soup
- Shopping Guide: Top Gifts for the Downton Abbey Fan