The Weekend IT List
Is it bad that 4 out of 5 things on this week's list involve food? Ah, who cares? It's freezing here, and after a quick trip to the store to get munchies and some movies, I plan to hunker down all weekend. It's the perfect time to enjoy some hot cocoa and do some baking. Have a lovely weekend!
1. Winter Sales - It's a great time to get some winter coats and boots on sale. Pictured above: Kensie coat
2. Homemade Hot Cocoa - When it's freezing outside, there is nothing better than hot cocoa. Try making some from scratch with warm milk and chocolate chips. Add in other flavors like cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice or caramel sauce. Pictured above: Hot Caramel Chocolate - midwestliving.com
3. Settle in for some flicks and try making your popcorn the old-fashioned way to avoid all the yucky chemicals that come with microwave popcorn. I've been popping mine over the stove with olive oil and salt for years and I love it!! Pictured above: How to Make Perfect Popcorn without a Microwave - bonappetit.com
4. Make Something Sweet - At my house, especially on a chilly weekend, it's pretty much required that we have something sweet whether it's homemade french toast or a fresh-baked pie. If you plan to be inside this weekend, try some homemade bread and jam or homemade applesauce. Pictured above: Homemade Cinnamon Applesauce - lifesambrosia.com
5. Ina Garten's New Show - Don't miss Ina Garten's - The Barefot Contessa's new Food Network show featuring celebrations, premiering this Sunday, Jan. 26th. Pictured above: Random House Barefoot in Paris: Easy French Food
Enjoy your weekend!