My Favorite Beauty Picks for Spring / Summer 2014
1. Estee Lauder Spring 7pc Skincare Makeup Gift Set, $26.99 + Free Shipping - I'm a sucker for a new makeup bag, especially for spring and summer when I'm more likely to travel. Spring makeup gift sets come in so many cute patterns and pretty colors. This Estee Lauder spring set comes in a Lily Pulitzer cosmetic bag, and if you look closely, you can see that the eye shadow compact comes in a beautifully designed case as well. For under $30 with free shipping, it's an incredible deal. The full set is available at slightly varying prices on Amazon. I linked to the one above, because it was the only consistently in-stock listing with free shipping (and I literally just bought it in the middle of writing this post), but check around on the similar suggested items to see if there are any available at a lower price. Though don't forget to pay attention to the shipping. The Lily Pulitzer makeup bag is also available for individual sale under $10.
2. NYX concealer - Spring makeup is minimal, but for me that means better coverage so I have a flawless face to work with. Try a cream concealer in a yellow tone to really help cover dark circles and blemishes.
3. Garnier BB Cream - In warmer weather I usually skip the foundation and just go with my favorite BB Cream. It provides moisture, correction, and SPF. This item is also a great buy on Amazon. It's currently a few dollars cheaper than it is in stores like Target and Wal-Mart, and it's available for free shipping on orders over $35.00.
4. L Oréal Paris mineral makeup - I've been using the L'Oreal Paris True Match Naturale Soft-Focus Mineral Finish in translucent for years, and I love it. It adds extra coverage for my oily skin, and the "translucent matte" finish adds just a touch of shimmer. It's usually a little over $10 at Wal-Mart, but on amazon it's currently on sale for $3.63 + $3.35 shipping. Shop here.
5. e.l.f. Kohl Eyeliner, Black, 0.095 Ounc - I always use black eyeliner, and lately I've been doing a bit of a cat eye with my liner. I love my e.l.f. black eyeliner, mostly because it has a built-in sharpener, but also because it's so smooth and cream. I can use it as a traditional liner, a smudged smoky eye, or a more precise cat eye if I sharpen it. For spring and summer, I like using the e.l.f. Essential Shimmer Eyeliner Pencil 7609 Black Bandit because it has a nice touch of shimmer.
6. CARGO bronzing powder - My bronzing compact is all I use lately. It has replaced my blush, bronzer, highlighter, and eye shadow. When I'm in a rush, I sweep my blush brush over the compact and give a quick swipe over my cheeks and eyelids for an instant touch of natural-looking color.
7. e.l.f. Lip Stain - I feel I have to stick up for this product (and all marker lip stains), because this doesn't have the best reviews online. Though I think the people who had bad experiences either didn't know how to apply it or had dry lips to begin with. I happen to love lip stain, especially in the spring and summer. I don't like to wear thick lipstick when I'm out and about in the warmer months, but whenever I want some color, I love to layer a lip stain underneath my lip gloss. If you give lip stain a try, make sure your lips are in good shape to start, and you have to let the product sit upside down for a while for the stain to come out (kind of like a pen). Use light, quick strokes to evenly apply, then even the look out with a top coat of moisturizing lip gloss. For something with more staying power and that has some added moisture, try Revlon Just Bitten Lip Stain Balm.
8. Neutrogena Moisture Shine Lip Gloss - Other than occasionally wearing the lip stain, I love to just wear tinted lip gloss. It adds color and shine, and it's really easy to reapply in a second and without a mirror.
10.Olive Oil (pictured: Alessi kitchen dining / wireworks water pot) - While I do love to use coconut oil as a leave-in conditioner to tame frizz, I still love to use olive oil as a deep leave-in conditioner before each shower. It has really transformed my hair into being much more straight and sleek, and it keeps my split ends at bay.
You Might Also Like