DIY Floral Bridal Shower Invitation with Free Download
Hosting a bridal shower typically falls on the shoulders of the maid of honor. While being a maid of honor is so special, it's also pretty darn expensive! I saved a ton of money on my best friend's bridal shower by designing the invitations myself. All you need is a great image to start with. For a spring shower, a flower backdrop is perfect. I found flowers in the colors I planned to decorate the shower with. Here are some step-by-step instructions on how you can make your own DIY shower invitations.
2. Cut each flower stem. If you can place them in the grass and use natural light for the shot, that's the best way to do it. It was very rainy here the week I made this, so I had to do it inside. To get the flowers to lay right, I had to snip them above the stem close to the petals and arrange them on a large platter.
3. Arrange them tightly together and use your fingers to gently flatten each flower.
4. Place them outside if possible or on the floor near a window or door with plenty of natural light coming in and take the shot from overhead. (Or if you want to use this exact design, click on the finished shot below and right click to download.)
5. Open the image in an editing program like Paint to add the text. I used the shapes tool to add the "rounded rectangle". To fill in the box, select color 2. I used white, and to make it transparent, I selected "no outline" and "fill" with "marker". Then use the text boxes to add the important info.
6. Upload and order using a printing service like Vistaprint. I saved so much money by ordering invitations from Vistaprint. I used the "upload your own design" on the 4 by 8 invitation and had it printed in linen finish. If you're using this background or another floral background, I highly suggest you use the linen finish. It made it look so much more professional than it would've looked in glossy. They were about 10 for $10. I love how with Vistaprint you can also order coordinating items with the same image. I ordered sticker labels in the same design for the party favors (another DIY I'll post soon!).
Essential info for a bridal shower invite includes:
- the guest of honor
- the host/hostess
- bride's registry
- rsvp by w/contact info
Use the invite to set the tone of the shower so the guests will know which type of shower to expect, so they'll know what they should wear. For example, my "Brunch with the Bride" invites suggested dressy casual cocktail wear.
Posted Recently in Weddings