Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes
I first made these stuffed tomatoes for a brunch, and they were a huge hit. It's the kind of dish that if you serve it to a crowd, nearly everyone demands the recipe before they leave. I love it because it's so affordable and fairly easy to make, and of course because it's so delicious! It's a perfect little appetizer for entertaining.
- 4oz grated Parmesan
- 2.25 oz black olives
- a few tbs olive oil
- dash of salt
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 cloves finely minced garlic
- 2 cartons of fresh cherry tomatoes
1. Use a pairing knife to hollow out the tomatoes (on the end opposite of the stem side). They'll naturally stand up if you place them stem-side down.
2. Mince the olives then combine all of the ingredients. Whenever I make a dish like this with filling and Italian flavors, I love to premix the filling a day or so in advance and keep it in the fridge until the day of the event. All of the flavors seem to meld together and get nice and fragrant.
3. It's a little tricky to fill small cherry tomatoes. I used a small spoon and the curved part of my pairing knife to smash the filling down into the tomatoes. Enjoy!
You'll Also Love