Apple Pie French Toast Bake
I love pumpkin as much as the next fall-obsessed freak, but about this time of year, I also start to crave anything baked with apples. On the weekends I love to make french toast or pancakes with the flavors of fall, but sometimes I don't want to stand over a hot griddle. This french toast bake is the perfect fall treat you can make ahead of time and pop in the oven for an autumn brunch (or dessert).
- 2 cups coconut milk (dairy-free option) - for regular recipe use 2 cups milk
- 6 large egg yolks
- one loaf white bread (cubed and left out overnight to stale)
- one cup apple sauce
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract (or seeds from 2 fresh vanilla bean pods if possible)
- 1tsp apple pie spice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 large Granny Smith apples peeled and diced
- oil or butter for greasing pan
- Lightly butter or grease your baking dish and preheat oven to 350 F.
- Fill the dish with the cubed stale bread. Alternate layers of the bread and diced apples.
- Mix all the other ingredients in a large mixing bowl and whisk until thoroughly combined.
Pour mixture over bread and press down the bread gently until all of the liquid is absorbed. Refrigerate one hour or up to overnight.
- Bake at 350 for about 55-60 minutes until the top layer is slightly crusty.
You Might Also Like
|Pumpkin Pie Bread Pudding >>|
|Homemade Gingerbread Spice Pancakes >>|
More Fall Recipes to Try