The Most Beautiful and Wearable Makeup Trends for Fall 2014
1. The Non-Smokey Smokey Eye: Smoky charcoal eyes are always a big makeup trend for fall. While last year focused heavily on the purple smokey eye, for fall 2014, it's all about whichever color you want to use! And it's couldn't be easier. Start with a soft cat eye with your eyeliner, then pick a heavily pigmented eyeshadow and swipe from the lash line up past the crease to create an instant smokey eye. Focus more application to the crease and outer corners of the lids. You can also use a lighter and slightly shimmery shadow in the lower middle of your lid and just under the brow to make your eyes stand out even more and to keep the lids from looking too heavy. I like to do my colored smoky eye with Ulta Eyeshadow in Twilight.
2. Richly-Pigmented Shadow: This goes hand in hand with the updated smoky-eye trend this fall. It really takes the guess work out of eyeshadow application if you want a very bold look. You can simply use one shade over the lid, or you can layer a darker shade in the crease and outer corner and use a lighter shade to highlight the lid. Use a small-tip makeup brush to extend the color along your lower lid, starting at the inside corner. For an affordable version, try this Maybelline Color Tattoo Eyeshadow.
3. Bright, Feminine Lips: Last fall was all about the dark wine and berry lip. While that's always a good choice for fall, this year the lipstick trends range from lighter berry and peach shades to traditional bright red and nude lips. It's a great way to balance out the bold eye trends.
4. Nudes Eyeshadow Trend: Unlike the light nude lipstick trend, this nude eyeshadow trend really refers to all different skin-tone shades, from a light nude to a bronze to a rich chocolate brown. You'll find a lot of makeup brands this fall have new "nudes" eyeshadow palettes, some with pink and purple undertones for the highlighting and contouring shades. I just bought the L'OREAL Paris Colour Riche Dual Effects eyeshadow palette in Perpetual Nude, and I love it. It has a velvety-soft texture and just the right amount of shimmer. I'm loving it so much, I think I'll do a tutorial and review on it for fall.
5. Lined with Blue: From a dark navy blue to bright and bold, blue-rimmed eyes were prevalent on the runways and in editorials this year. Of course it looked a little crazy at times, because it is the runway after all. For real life, stick with a dark navy. You can use a shimmery blue liner on top of your black liner just to add a little something extra. It will make your eyes really stand out without really looking like you're wearing a lot of blue. Or you could wear the trend how it's shown above for the Jason Wu for Lancome collection. After applying a slim cat eye with black liner, use a small eyeshadow brush to create a thick line across your lid just above the lashes. If you're not sure about blue, start with a smokey-navy eyeshadow.
6. Moody Nails: Black is back! For fall 2014 nail polish in black and other dark shades like navy, purple, and dark emerald are all on trend. A bright classic red polish and shimmery gold are also popular this season, as they typically are for the holidays. The new Phillip Lim for NARS collection pretty much sums up every shade you need this fall!
Pictured Above: 1. Sasha Lush for Dior Beauty Fall 2014 // 2. Chanel Beauty Fall 2014 // 3. Christian Dior Makeup // 4. Tom Ford Beauty Collection Fall 2014 // 5. Jason Wu for Lancome // 6. 3.1 Phillip Lim for NARS
Shop the Looks: 1. Christian Dior lips makeup // 2. Jason Wu for Lancôme // 3. Nars cosmetic // 4. Chanel eyeshadow // 5. Tom Ford cream blush
You Might Also Like: