Healthy, Easy Fruit & Veggie Halloween Treats for Kids
1. Tangerine Pumpkins and Ghost Bananas via Weelicious - I believe Weelicious may have been the first site to share this adorable Halloween treat, though now these little orange-and-celery pumpkins are all over the food blogs and Pinterest. It's such a cute and easy pumpkin-themed treat. What I love most about it is anyone can do it. You don't have to have any crafty or cooking skills. Just peel an orange and cut a small piece of celery to use as the stem.
2. Carrot Finger Food via Spoonful / photo originally on Family Fun Magazine - This dip with carrot witch fingers is something you could make in individual ramekins and use to decorate each place setting. Use slivered almonds to make the witch fingernails
3. Easy Jack-O-Lantern Fruit Cups via The Sweatman Family - This jack-o-lantern themed treat is perfect for a school Halloween party. Most schools nowadays require individually wrapped treats. These little fruit cups don't require much skill either - just a black marker and a simple jack-o-lantern face. You could also make just one to place in your child's lunch box for Halloween.
4. Veggie Skeleton by Rachel Brancato via Tip Junkie - While this crazy-cool veggie skeleton may seem complicated, it's really quite easy once you break it down step by step: If you know how to slice veggies, you can make this treat. If anything will get kids to reach for a veggie, it's this cool skeleton.
5. Jack-O-Lantern Veggie Tray via Taste of Home - This is another incredibly easy jack-o-lantern themed dish. You can start with pre-made baby carrots and veggie dip. If you don't have small ramekins shaped like the ones above, simply serve the dip on the side and cut cucumbers or another veggie into triangles for the nose and eyes.
You Might Also Like
Easy DIY Halloween Favors >>
See More Halloween Guides >>
See More Halloween Recipes >>