25 Little Black Dresses that Stand Out in the Crowd
It's the time of year for cocktail parties, holiday events, and a trip to the ballet. While a little black dress is perfect all throughout the year, it's essential during the holidays. But that doesn't have to mean basic and boring. Look for extra details like lace inserts, mesh panels, or a fun fit-and-flare silhouette for that little something extra. Here are 25 beautiful little black dresses that will undoubtedly stand out in the crowd. This content contains affiliate links.
1. Lovers and Friends Catwalk Dress via Free People (pictured above) - The sheer midriff on this black lace dress is the perfect way to take the crop top trend from summer to winter. The dark lace makes it appropriate for the holidays; while the see-through lace, fitted skirt, and structured bralette top give it a sexy edge. Wear it to a holiday cocktail party in the city.
2. Kenneth Cole New York Women's Virginie Sheath Dress - Mixed media is a huge trend this season. This casual black mini pairs jersey knit with faux-leather sleeves for a cool and casual little black dress.
3. Black Ruched Sweater Dress by EXPRESS - What makes this long-sleeve black mini stand out is that it's the perfect little black dress to pair with sexy over-the-knee boots or bold ankle booties.
4. BCBGeneration Women's Pleat Skirt Dress - This asymmetrical slip dress is nice enough to dress up yet casual and sexy enough for a date night.
5. Color Block Open Back Midi Sheath Dress by EXPRESS - This is the best kind of little black dress to go from day to evening. Paired with a blazer or sweater, it's a simple black sheath dress. Worn by itself, it reveals a cool color-blocking trim and a sexy open back with side cut-outs.
6. Jack Willis Oakall Black Strapless Fit and Flare Dress (pictured above) - This strapless fit-and-flare black dress is casual enough for a cocktail party, but you can dress it up for a black tie event with pumps and an elegant statement necklace.
7. Aidan by Aidan Mattox Women's Blouson Dress with Sequin Skirt - This sexy sequin mini is without a doubt best for a New Year's bash. The fitted short skirt is so sexy, though the top is loose and comfy, so go ahead and have a couple of drinks without fear of bloating.
8. VELVET BY GRAHAM & SPENCER Women's Sequin Chiffon V-Neck Dress - If you want some sparkle for the holidays but would rather die than wear a tight sequin mini, try this roomy sequin shift dress.
9. Raglan Sequin Sleeve Chiffon Shift Dress by Charlotte Russe - For just a touch of sparkle, try this sequin-sleeved little black dress.
10. BCBGMAXAZRIA Women's Alana Side Drape Dress - For some major drama, try this draped one-shoulder little black dress. Pair it with a slicked-back hairdo and statement earrings.
11. Ted Baker Mini Dress in Lace via ASOS (pictured above) - If you're a curvy girl with nice legs, this is the perfect little black dress for you. The swingy flared skirt hides the tummy, while the fitted waist and wide neckline create an hourglass figure.
12. Little Mistress Spiral Belted Dress via ASOS - The textured pattern on the bodice of this dress adds dimension and breaks up the black with a touch of white.
13. Aidan by Aidan Mattox Women's Sleeveless Sequined Open Criss Cross Back Dress - A little black dress doesn't have to be all black. This sexy cocktail dress pairs a black blouson top with a fitted silver sequin skirt that is perfect for the holidays.
14. Susana Monaco Women's Light Supplex Open Shoulder Dress - This casual little black dress has just enough sex appeal, with a fitted skirt and open shoulders.
15. Aidan by Aidan Mattox Women's Strapless Party Dress - A sweetheart strapless dress is such a flattering silhouette. This strapless dress has a beautiful lace bodice and a fun, flirty skirt.
16. Maggy London Illusion Yoke Crepe Sheath Dress (pictured above) - The Illusion Dress by Maggy London has been haled as the most flattering little black dress. That being said, it is form-fitting and has a classic pencil-skirt bottom, so it's best on slim, tall figures. It's quite versatile in that you could wear it to a corporate party, a nice dinner, and even to a wedding.
17. Maggy London Long-Sleeve Illusion Dress - If you love the look of the illusion dress pictured above, you can also get it in a long-sleeve version.
18. Vince Camuto Women's V-Neck Body-Con Illusion Sheath Dress - This is a modern strapless sheath dress with an illusion neckline. And unlike the Maggy London Illusion dress, this Vince Camuto Illusion dress has a v-notch neckline.
19. Aidan by Aidan Mattox Women's Strapless Short Dress with Fringe Skirt - This otherwise classic black mini has added interest with a fringed skirt.
20. Kensie Women's Ponte Peplum Dress - A classic sheath dress gets a modern update with a peplum.
21. Saylor Mia Flapper Dress via Free People (pictured above) - The flapper girl style is still trending and is likely to continue to be popular from now on. This slinky feathered slip dress is a sexy and modern take on the trend. It's the perfect little black dress for a dressy New Year's Eve party.
22. Adrianna Papell Women's Structured Cape Sheath - Another big trend is the capelet. This little black sheath dress has its own built in capelet. Pair it with statement jewelry for a night at the ballet.
23. Nine West Women's Sleeveless Faux Leather-Insert Dress - The leather skirt on this black dress gives it some edge. Pair it with a studded clutch.
24. Lindy Bop Women's 'Daria' Vintage 1950's Audrey Hepburn Style Swing Dress - The 1950s vintage style is also trending, particularly for special events.This fit-and-flare swing dress can be dressy-casual with flats or dressed up with jewelry and pointed-toe pumps. You can wear it with a petticoat for the full vintage look, or make it modern without (without the petticoat, it'll just look like a classic fit-and-flare dress).
25. BCBGMAXAZRIA Women's Lainey Sleeveless Asymmetrical Hem Dress - This black shift dress gets a modern update with an asymmetrical hem. For more interest, add on a wide metallic belt.