10 Perfect Holiday Gifts to Give a Married Couple
After you get married or simply move in together, most people stop buying you individual gifts. But the inevitable couple gift doesn't have to be a bad thing. Here are some great gift ideas to give the couples in your life.
1. Sweet Treats - This is the safest bet of all. If you're close with just one person in a couple, and you're not sure what the other would like for Christmas, something sweet is the perfect gift. Try to include a variety like chocolate and mixed nuts or gummis to appeal to different tastes. Pair it with something reusable like these adorable mugs.
Pictured Above: Lenox Holiday Naughty and Nice Mugs, Set of 2 / Moonstruck Chocolate Dark Chocolate Hot Cocoa Mix / Williams-Sonoma The Original Peppermint Bark 1 lb Tin
2. His and Her Sports Gear - For the couple who loves to watch their home team (I wasn't sure these people existed, because I never watch sport unless you count Superbowl commercials), but I have seen them. I know they're out there! These people would appreciate a matching set of tops. I love the ones pictured above from Old Navy. It's much more stylish compared to other NFL gear I've seen...seen on other people, mind you. Pictured Above: Women's NFL Team Henleys / Men's NFL Team Sweatshirts
3. The Gift of a Night Out - This one is especially great for a married couple with kids, as long as it isn't a new baby they're terrified to leave with a sitter and provided they have a sitter! If you know they could use a little financial help, include a restaurant gift card as well. I love this Dinner and a Movie Gift Card.
4. A Movie Night In - For the couple who would rather have a cozy night in, a new DVD is a great gift for couples. Pair it with a yummy movie snacks gift basket! That's actually a great gift to give for the whole family. Guardians of the Galaxy is the perfect choice for a movie the whole family will love, and it's the type of movie that even if they've already seen it, they'll appreciate receiving it on DVD. If you're not sure which movie to get them, give a movie snacks gift basket that comes with a Redbox gift card. Pictured Above: Movie Lovers Candy Basket from gifts.com
5. Picnic Basket - This isn't just a great gift for the couple who like to take romantic picnics in the park; it's handy for the beach, shows in the park, or even camping. Pictured Above: Picnic Time Napa Botanica Wine Picnic Basket
6. Barware - For the couple who likes to entertain, a nice set of bar glasses or a cocktail shaker set is a great gift that both men and women will appreciate. Pictured Above: Bar Craft martini gift set
7. Artwork - It can be tricky to buy art as a gift, but if you know a couple very well and have a good grasp on their style, a simple pair of framed prints is a great gift they'll both love. Pictured Above: Framed wall art via lampsplus
8. Copper Mugs - For the trendy couple, the most popular and gender-neutral gift you could give this year is a set of Moscow mule copper mugs. Pictured Above: Oggi Moscow Mule Copper Mug Set of 2
9. Luxurious Home Goods - Something for the home is a safe gift for a couple that lives together. Though make it special by getting something monogrammed or something luxurious, like a set of plush hotel towels. Pictured Above: Restoration Hardware Hotel Satin Stitch Cotton Towel Collection
10. Something for the Kitchen - For the couple who love to cook, get them something they can have fun with, like a sushi kit or something they can use to make brunch on the weekends, like a waffle iron. Pictured Above: BambooMN Brand - Sushi Rolling Kit - 2x rolling mats, 1x rice paddle, 1x spreader - combo / Cuisinart WMR-CA Round Classic Waffle Maker
You Might Also Like
10 Perfect Gifts for the Holiday Hostess >>
See All of the Holiday Gift Guides >