Puff Pastry Pizza
Whether we order in or do top-your-own pizzas at home, pizza night is a must for me and Ken and the kiddos. Something I definitely want to make again is this Puff Pastry pizza. It's absolutely perfect if you're all about the crust, like I am. It's also a great way to customize pizza with pesto and olive oil instead of traditional red sauce.
- one sheet puff pastry
- 1 to 2 tbs olive oil
- 1-2 oz Italian seasoned grated Parmesan
- zest of one lemon
- 14 oz. jar of artichoke hearts drained and patted dry
- 3 medium to large tomatoes seeded and diced
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Thaw puff pastry according to directions on box then unfold it and roll it out just a bit.
- Lightly brush with olive oil then cover with toppings.
- Bake on an ungreased pizza pan for about 20 minutes.
You can follow this recipe will different toppings, just be sure not to put anything with too much moisture on the puff pastry, or you'll wind up with super soggy crust. This really works best with cheese like Parmesan or feta, and you should definitely avoid using a lot of sauce. It's perfect if you like white pizza with just a touch of olive oil and herbs. For some added protein, this particular pizza would be delicious with chicken breast or some good-quality salami from the deli. Enjoy!
You'll Also Love