10 Trendy Spring Classics
There are several trends for 2016 that are absolutely huge this spring; like the lace-up ballet flat, off-the-shoulder top, and flare-leg pants. I do love a good trend, but it's also important to spend your money on some pieces that will be around for a while. Here are some pieces, both trendy and classic, that you will undoubtedly be able to wear for many years to come.
1. I totally love a little white dress for summer. Pair it with tan accessories for a casual daytime look, and dress it up with blush-tone or silver accessories for a night out. Pictured: BCBGMax Azria Women's "Laurice" Lace Slit-Neck Tunic Dress // Budget Option: Choies Women's Cotton Casual V Neck Applique Trims Flare Sleeve Mini Dress
2. The saddle bag is super trendy this spring, but it's also a classic silhouette that never really goes out of style. Pick one with a sleek finish and just a touch of fringe to ensure it'll be in year after year. Pictured: Rebecca Minkoff Mini Suki Cross-Body Bag // Budget Option: Roxy The Confidence Cross-Body Bag
3. While some platform sandals this season really play into the whole 70s trend, a wedge sandal in particular is something that will always be in for spring and summer. Pictured: Sigerson Morrison Women's Queen Platform Sandal // Budget Option: Wild Pair Women's Bolinas Wedge Sandal
4. Whether sleek and metallic or boho-chic, a pendant necklace with some extra length can really add interest to a solid-colored top or dress. Pictured: (no longer available) similar here
5. A striped top is the ultimate classic for spring and is the perfect pattern to mix with florals for some fun print mixing. Pictured: MiH Jeans Women's Vintage Button Breton // Budget Option: SheIn Women's Round Neck Long Sleeve Striped T-Shirt
6. Warmer, breezy weather calls for more loose-fitting, flowy fabrics. If dresses aren't your thing, try some comfy yet chic wide-leg pants. They aren't exactly work appropriate, but they're perfect for a Saturday afternoon or a relaxed sunny vacation. Pictured: BCBGeneration Women's Floral Print Palazzo Pant / BCBGeneration Women's Palazzo Pant // Budget Option: BIADANI Women Classic Soft Wide Leg Palazzo Pants
7. Denim is always in, including denim skirts for spring. This season it's all about the midi skirt, but at any length, the denim skirt is a classic that will never go out of style. Pictured: Baldwin Women's Kendall Denim Maxi Skirt Sky Valley Medium Indigo // Budget Option: Eleganlife Women's High Waist Split Slim Fit Denim Jean Maxi Skirt
8. Modern floral prints have been on trend for several years now, and this trend is definitely here to stay. It's the perfectly fun and sometimes edgy way to wear spring florals. Pictured: Ted Baker Women's Daywin Surreal Tapestry Skater Dress // Budget Option: Ellen Tracy Women's Mixed Media Fit and Flare
9. All-over lace has also been very on trend for several years now, and this spring the trend is back with a more colorful update. As lace will always be a classic for spring, as well as more vibrant colors, I'd say this trend definitely falls under the category of classic. Pictured: BCBGMAXAZRIA Women's Alese Fitted Dress // Budget Option: UONBOX Women's Lace Bodycon Midi Bandage Dress With Spaghetti Strap
10. Statement earrings with a boho twist are an essential for spring and summer fashion. If you really want to get in on the trend this year, go with bright colors and tassels, and rest assured that anything with a boho-chic look to it will always be on trend for spring and summer. Pair these shoulder-skimming earrings with your favorite off-the-shoulder top. Pictured: Mercedes Salazar Statement Blue/Red Floral and Tassel Clip-On Earrings // Budget Option: Kaariag Punkin™ Baroque Style Tassel & Crystal Statement Fashion Earrings
Browse more of these spring essentials here >. I for one am all about the white dresses, colorful lace, and saddle bags. Which ones are your favorite trends?
You Might Also Like