Editor's Picks: Essentials For the Social Gal
Image really is everything when it comes to social media. Whether it's blogging or instagram, or both, we're all working to present a branded version of ourselves. I do think it's important to go off the beaten path. You need a unique selling point after all. But there is something to be said for trends. They become familiar to the eyes; thus they become something that make the reader stop and look. Whether it's a trendy pineapple candle, or a marble background for your latest flat lay, here are some items to get those hashtags rolling. Pictured: Bloggers Gonna Blog Travel Mug
1. Hexagon Marble Board - Search #marbleflatlay on Instagram, and it's easy to see that a crisp white and grey marble surface is a very stylish background for flat lays featuring things like coffee, flowers, makeup, and fashion. But you don't have to have an entire marble table to achieve the look. A smaller and more affordable marble cutting board is all you need.
2. Glass Terrarium Succulent Planter and Candle Holder - Whether you fill it with a trendy succulent, a candle, or use it to display sweets on a dessert buffet, these geometric glass terrariums have become a must for stylish and modern entertaining.
3. Bloggers Gonna Blog Travel Mug and Notebook -There are so many cute design shops, especially on etsy, that carry many different mugs and accessories that are perfect for the blogger. The "Bloggers Gonna Blog" saying is one of the most popular sayings and of course perfect for the avid blogger.
4. But First Coffee Casetify iphone Case -One of my favorite and most common posts, both to browse on other pages and to post myself is #butfirstcoffee. If you're a coffee person, you get it. Because you don't just like coffee...you love it, you need it, and you often find yourself saying "but first, coffee" on a daily basis.
5. Brunch So Hard Mimosa Wanna Find Me Tee - In the fashionable world of Instagram style and travel, it's all about brunch. The Trendy Sparrow on Etsy has so many items like tees and mugs that are perfect for the blogger and Instagram-obsessed.
6. Threshold Perforated Copper Pencil Cup - Chic office decor is a must if you're going to do an #onmydesk or #deskstyling post. Some fresh flowers, a stylish planner, and an accessory like a candle or decorative pen cup are all you need.
7. ban.do Sweet Talk Assorted Pen Set -Another cute (and affordable) item you can add to your desk top snaps are some cute pens. I love everything from this fun ban.do brand.
8. Rimmel Keep Calm Lip Balm -Just when I thought the Keep Calm trend was going to die down, I stumbled on this new Rimmel Keep Calm balm. It comes in several different kinds, with different sayings like Keep Calm and Play, Keep Calm and Shop, and my favorite - Keep Calm and Kiss. After having used it for several weeks, I have to say that it's nowhere near as hydrating as Eos, but really, who cares? The packaging is cute!
9. Kate Spade Don't Mind if I Do Macaroons Mug - Anything with macaroons, much like anything coffee-themed, is going to get a lot of likes on Instagram. Pair it with a fashion brand like Kate Spade and slap it on a coffee mug, and you've got yourself a triple threat in the social world.
10. Target Fashionable Fruits Pineapple Candle - Somehow pineapples took off in a major way this year, which I'm sure you've already noticed. The trend is still going strong, though it doesn't have to come across as a juvenile trend. Get your #pineapple fix with a simple white pineapple candle or one of these gold-tone pineapple tumblers, and you've got yourself a very trendy yet chic post in the works.