Happy February!!💕💕💕 This is definitely one of my favorite months. It's the perfect time to push aside the winter blues and celebrate all things pink and red and best of all, a time to celebrate love. Even a simple trip to the store is fun this time of year. I love to see all of the candies and the pink and red and heart-themed products. Can I please just have everything in the Target dollar section right now??
For my February flatlay, I used a wooden rose my husband gave to me. He often gives me fresh roses, but this one was a wonderful surprise, because it will last, right a long with my other keepsakes. Also pictured: Essie nail polish in "Mod Square and Victoria's Secret "Sheer Love" fragrance. You can see more of my picks for the month below.
1. A pretty cocktail dress is a must for a Valentine's Day date. I love the romantic all-over lace look and especially in red. Also pictured: Ted Baker Caisey Crossbody
2. There are so many other beautiful flowers, but for Valentine's Day, red roses are a classic you just can't beat. Ken got them for me on our second date, on our anniversary, and last Valentine's Day...and many other times.
3. A romantic date calls for some sexy heels. My calves might be sore the next day, but I'm tempted to swap out my flats for my black pointed-toe pumps when Ken takes me to the ballet this month. My advice - whether you go with a kitten heel or 6 inches, go with a slingback or an ankle-strap. They are much, much easier to walk in than traditional pumps!
4. Definitely one of my favorite things about February - all the chocolate!! If you want to make something homemade for your sweetie, try these DIY chocolate-covered strawberries. They're easier to make than you might think!
5. Like I said, I love all the February home decor with lips, hearts, "love", etc. How cute is the glittery lips mug with eyelashes?
6. For everyone else who, like me, suddenly wants to fill your instagram feed with pink and red, grab a "pink drink" the next time you're at Starbucks. It's the Strawberry Acai refresher with added coconut milk.
7. Red lipstick can be intimidating. If you want to pull off the look this Valentine's Day but aren't sure which shade of red is right for you, play it safe with a rosy red that has cool undertones. This Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in "Cherry Blossom" is my favorite.
8. If you're on the hunt for the perfect Valentine's Day gift, Amazon has carefully curated the top gifts for everyone on your list. See the guide here >. You don't have to limit Valentine's gifts to a significant other. We like to get something for our kids, like a small stuffed animal and some candy.
9. Of course we plan to get gifts for each other. Ken likes sentimental gifts; while I'll take anything shiny, pretty, or chocolate ha...as long as it comes with a sweet card. :) Last Christmas I got him this What I love About You book, and it was a big hit.
10. I just had to throw in one more pretty makeup pic. Though it's still winter here, February is the perfect time to use some pretty pinks and red. Pictured: Albeit Lipstick via Anthroplogie
You Might Also Like