5 Fashion Picks for Spring 2017
There are so many pretty spring trends that are coming back this season, like exaggerated ruffles and off-the-shoulder. There are also some new ones that are a must, like bell sleeves. And you can find these anywhere, from a high-end department stores to Target. But which ones are going to stick around for good? Which ones are worth investing in quality pieces? And most importantly, which ones have some beautiful new pieces out right now by our favorite brands? These are the trends you can invest in this season.
1. Shoes that Slide - Slides come in and out over the years, but the always come back in, so it's a great staple to have in your wardrobe. The mule and loafer slides are particularly trendy for Spring 2017. I can't say I personally like the loafer trend. Sorry! I know people who like their loafer slides LOVE their loafer slides, but I'd opt for a mule pump or some cute sandals.
2. An Effortless Trench - We all know this is a classic and an essential year after year. If there is one thing you should invest in for spring, it's the trench coat. I already have a classic khaki trench jacket, but I'd love to switch it up with a cute colored trench or a patterned one, like this Calvin Klein striped trench.
3. High-Impact Mini Bags - I've always been a big fan of crossbody bags. They hold more than a clutch but aren't as big and heavy as a satchel. This year designers have come out with so many cute mini bags. It's a great time to switch up your neutral crossbody bags for something more fun. They go great with spring denim or a little white dress. Try something with some fringe, or a cute circle bag. My top pick is this Rebecca Minkoff Mini Sofia Crossbody.
4. A Lace-Up Piece - This is such a cute way to update a simple blouse or casual dress. And despite it being so trendy, it's a look that is always going to be in style. You can use it to create a sexy look, like this Kensie lace-up dress; or you can go with a more boho-chic, feminine look with a lace-up peasant top.
5. Mesmerizing Pendants - I've been into this trend for quite some time. This year it took off even more, with gorgeous crystal and moon pendants. And of course fringe pendants are still very much in. My husband gave me one similar to this fringed pendant necklace, and I love it. For spring, a statement pendant is an easy way to dress up a look or add interest to a solid-colored top.
If you need to spruce up your wardrobe this spring, but want to invest in some trends that never really go out of style, you can go wrong with any of these beautiful pieces.
You'll Also Love